- You love oreos or just desserts in general
- You need to make something sweet but you don’t have much time
- You have no idea how to cook and you have never stepped in the kitchen before.
If any (or all) of the above applies to you, then you, dear reader, have stumbled onto the right place. The recipe section of the I’m M.A.D. section is meant for tips and tricks and kitchen secrets for our favorite dishes, and this month’s easy-to-make, ready in minutes recipe if for Oreo Truffles.
- Oreo cookies of your liking. (1 packet)
- Cream Cheese (4 oz.)
- Candy Melts (1 cup)
- Sprinkles or other decorations of choice.
- Crush the oreo cookies in a food processor or blender into fine crumbs and put it in a bowl.
- Mix in the cream cheese with the crumbs to create the batter. The consistency should resemble that of dough. You may want to put aside some of the crushed cookie crumbs to use as garnish later.
- Roll the batter into small bowls. Suggested size would be 1 inch, but you may change it according to your preference.
- Stick a wax paper on top of a tray, and lay the balls on the paper. Put them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare the candy melts and dump the balls into the melted chocolate and lay them on the tray for drying. Use a fork instead of a spoon for easier control. Sprinkle the crumbs or other decorations onto the truffles before the chocolate dries.
- Refrigerate again for about 10-15 minutes so that the chocolate hardens. And your truffles are ready to be served.
These truffles are perfect for afternoon tea, baby showers, slumber parties, homemade gifts, or even an impromptu craving in the middle of the day. Stay tuned to I’m M.A.D for more easy recipes and kitchen secrets.